CyanogenMod 13 for Samsung Galaxy S2G - I9100G - CM13.0 - Android 6.0.1 - cm-13.0 - ROM
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
This is an UNOFFICIAL build of Cyanogenmod CM 13.0 for Samsung Galaxy S2 G (I9100G). It's build from sources on github.com/cyanogenmod & xdaamg. Standard functionalities are working, when you follow flash instructions. Android 6.0.1 is running smooth on this device. Please read 'problems and not working'-section before your flash cm13.
By flashing a custom rom, your warranty is void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards and so on. You are choosing to make these modifications.
I will not give support for modifications and apps you install/flash.
Confirmations of working things are welcome. If you found a bug, provide a logcat of it
First time installation instructions:
- Backup your media files (photo, music, downloads) stored on internal storage
- Download cm-13.0 i9100g ROM, OpenGApps (ARM, Android 6.0, Stock) and .gapps-config.zip (details see below) to your sdcard. Extract .gapps-config.zip to same place as your opengapps file on sdcard, usually root of sdcard
- Boot into Recovery. If you don't have TWRP 18.104.22.168 flash TWRP first and reboot into twrp recovery. Then wipe system, data, internal, dalvik and cache
- Flash cm-13 rom and OpenGApps Stock with .gapps-config file. It will install opengapps nano and replace aosp keyboard with google keyboard. Reboot system and follow instructions in setup wizard. After finishing all, reboot system
- Set default phone app, before you make your first call. Go to "Settings/Apps/Advanced/Default Apps/Phone App" and set it to "Phone"
Updating from earlier cm13 rom:
- Download cm-13.0 i9100g rom to sdcard or internal storage
- Reboot into recovery and install cm13 rom
- Reboot system
Download I9100G CM13 ROM UNOFFICIAL:
Download Google Apps:
Download .gapps-config file:
If you find this rom useful, consider donating please. Your donation is used to cover costs for build computer/energy and a part of time consumption. Your donation helps to keep this rom alive!
Forum (Developer Thread, FAQ):
Changelog CyanogenMod 13:
Security patch level: 01.11.2016
Standard functionalities working:
Telefon, sms, wifi, data 2g/3g, grafics, sensors, compass, location, camera, flashlight, vpn, wifi hotspot, torch, playstore.
- TWRP IsoRec: Booting TWRP from recovery partition
- F2FS: Flash-friendly file system supported on data, cache and sdcard
- ZRam support: virtual swap compressed in RAM
- best standby times by supporting app standby (doze light)
- highly responsive, smooth gui
- first i9100g android 6.0 rom and only one which still gets updates
- Manual selection of network carrier is not supported -> use automatic search
- Snap camera supports photo and video recording. Panorama mode & digital zoom is not supported.
- Sound distortions with some codecs/sample rates in some situations. Sound is then with some kind of electronical effect -> try different 'audio fx settings' or use cm-12.1, if audio quality is not acceptable for you
- GPS does not find all satellites, you will maybe not get a location fix with gps (only with wifi, phone network etc.) -> use cm-12.1 when you need gps service
When you found a bug/error/problem, post a logcat with description.
- Root: To enable root, go to settings/about phone and touch build-number severl (7) times. This will activate developer settings. Then go to settings/developer settings/root access and set it to apps only or apps and adb.
- Recovery: Cyanogenmod 13.0 comes with Cyanogen Recovery by default. But this rom supports booting IsoRec TWRP recovery, read second post in cm-13.0 XDA-Developer Thread for more information how to use it. If recovery is not working, enter 'download mode' and flash a new recovery via odin, for example TWRP 22.214.171.124.
- Bluetooth connections to headsets, speakers -> When you have connection problems try to disable battery optimisations for your audio app: go to settings/battery, select menu on top right and choose 'optimisation', in dropdown menu choose 'all applications' and select your music player app (for example cyanogenmod eleven), select 'not to optizime'. Reboot after you set this option.
- Android security patch level: Google releases monthly security updates. Security bulletin is split into different security patch levels. Relevant for i9100g cm12.1/cm13 is only first part of this bulletin, for example patch level 2016-09-01, with changes in aosp source code. These issues gets fixed with an updated cm12.1/cm13 rom. Other issues mentioned in drivers and kernel are device specific. We could be affected by this errors or similar bugs, but only manufactor of this hardware could update (driver) binaries (and they don't care about old devices). The same with kernel bugs, i9100g kernel could be affected by this errors too, but there are no active kernel developers for this device and so these problems will normally stay unfixed.
- Galery app: If galery app does not display all your albums/pictures/video for example of your sdcard: Open file explorer and search for a file '.nomedia' on your sdcard root/picture/video folder. If it's there, delete it. It tells android not to index this folder. Then make a new folder on your sdcard, for example 'media'. Move your pictures/videos/music to your new media folder. Mediascanner will scan these files automatically now and they should be visible in galery app.
- Low app space: If you are low on app data storage, think about repartitioning your phone storage. 4 to 6 gb should be sufficient even for many apps. Follow instructions in this thread. Alternatively use Lanchon Repit Tool.
- Battery: Display and data connections/syncing use most energy. I suggest to reduce display brightness to a minimum and switch off adaptive brightness. Also switch off background data connections/syncing for apps you don't use or which will be updated when you really use it.
- After first flash give phone some extra time to complete all tasks, even when it's reacting already to your inputs, it's working hard. Wait some minutes. It's also a good idea to do another reboot after some time. This solved some problems in the past.
- Force closes: If you are experiencing force closes try first to clean cache/dalvik cache with recovery. If it's still not working, go to settings/apps, find the offending app and clear data. Still not working? Then do a clean flash with factory reset.